Monday, August 10, 2009

Perry's Techno Tent at Lollapalooza





This weekend at Lollapalooza I became a fan of techno. I never would have thought it possible. I realized though, that I just have to be in the right setting to enjoy it. In the past, when played, for example, in a friend's car, the repetitive robotic sounding noises of techno always gave me a headache. But on Friday and Sunday night, under the glowing spider-web-esque tent of Perry's Stage, the music of spin masters like Crookers, Kid Cudi, Boys Noize, and MSTRKRFT, only made me want to dance. The pulsating beats and unexpected mixing of sounds created an energy amongst the crowd that was unparalleled at the other concert stages. I'm not yet at the level where I could listen to it all night, but I might be trading in my go-to low key bars for a bumping club come next Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment