Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lincoln Park Art Faire

This weekend Lincoln Park hosted its 12th annual Art Faire. The signs have been up for a few weeks and I had marked my calender--it's been a while since I've been to streetfest, and it was only a few blocks south of my new apartment. 
The day couldn't have been better for it: bright blue sky, not a cloud, and a perfect 75 degrees.  
Without a doubt the most low key street festival I've been to all summer, it was all art and no play on this block. Not surprisingly, the craftsmanship on display was better than the average fest fare. There was some particularly stunning photography, but I fell in love with the jewelry by Chicago native, Rebecca Zemans. Simple, classic pieces of hammered silver and gold, I could have bought the entire collection. I especially loved this necklace, and the middle one here, and I tried this ring in silver and it was perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment